Ice blocks using fresh juice are perfect for any age (mum’s and dad’s, you’ll enjoy them too!). Fruit gives us valuable vitamins and antioxidants needed for a healthy life.
Did you know vitamin C (which is found in abundance in fruit and fruit juice) is essential for your kids bones, teeth, and gum health? It also powers up their immune system, and helps to heal cuts and bruising!
Vitamin C is so fantastic for both young and old, so everyone can share in the goodness of these ice blocks – most importantly it keeps our brains whizzing and working optimally!
Enjoy these ice blocks (with absolutely no added nasties) – saves you feeling guilty buying store bought ones!
Tropical Ice Block
- ½ an orange, thinly sliced
- ¼ of a cup of pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
Combine ingredients and pour into ice block moulds. These look and taste great with whole pieces of fruit. You can use any tropical fruits in this ice block and load em’ full!
Try mango, banana, passionfruit or kiwifruit. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
Apple and Blackcurrant Ice Block
- 1/2 of a cup of fresh or frozen berries (any berries will work with this recipe – you could try blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1 cup of homemade fresh apple juice, or coconut water
Combine ingredients and pour into ice block moulds. These look and taste great with whole berries in them too. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
Mango, Pasionfruit and Coconut Ice Block
- 2 fresh passionfruit
- ½ a fresh mango, sliced
- 1 cup a cup of coconut milk
Combine ingredients in a blender and whizz. Pour into ice block moulds. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
Strawberry and Banana Ice Block
- 3 fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ a banana, sliced
- 1 ½ a cup of organic natural yoghurt
- Add honey or maple syrup to taste
Combine ingredients and pour into ice block moulds. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
Note: For a dairy free variation you can use coconut milk instead of yoghurt.